Residential Water Heaters
Whether you need a gas, an electric, tankless or hybrid heat pump water heater, A.J. Michaels provides you with the best service, equipment and pricing in the business.
Water heating is the second highest energy user in the home and, unfortunately, most people don't think about their water heater until it is too late. With the average lifespan of a residential water heater between 10 and 15 years, more than 25% of the water heaters in service are nearing the end of their useful life at any given point in time. Water heater failure can cause significant damage to the home, particularly if the water heater was not properly maintained.
How to tell when it is time to replace your water heater:
- Age of heater
- Water leaking from the tank
- Running out of hot water quickly
- Inconsistent water temperatures
- Low water pressure
- Murky or rusty colored water
- Heater is making unusual noises
Today's water heaters are made to comply with Department of Energy (DOE) efficiency standards and have shifted to next-generation technology, cutting utility bills by one-fourth to one-half depending on the technology. They are larger than their predecessors which can require altering their placement location in order to fit.
With higher efficiency ratings and groundbreaking designs, these models are part of an exciting new era in water heating. It is now more important than ever to consult with a professional before replacing your water heater. Welcome to the high efficiency revolution.
One of the most efficient types of water heaters is a heat pump water heater. Households using electric water heating and a heat pump for space conditioning can reduce water heating costs by installing a “hybrid” heat pump system. While these systems typically cost more on the front end to install, they typically pay for themselves within two years due to the annual savings in energy. Plus, rebates are available through the EmPower Maryland Performance Based Incentives Program that typically offset the additional cost compared to a standard electric water heater. On average, we've seen rebate amounts of $2,000 for these units. All that is required is a home energy audit to be performed.
For more information on replacing and selecting a water heater, please read the following article from Smarter House.
What separates A.J. Michaels from our competitors?
- We install top of the line brands including A.O. Smith, American Standard, Rheem and State.
- We purchase through local distributors, supporting our local economy.
- We offer "peace-of-mind" warranty coverage.
- In many cases we can install your replacement heater the same day you are quoted and there is no extra charge for weekend or evening service.
- Our price includes everything; proper sizing/fitment, flue draft inspection, new flue pipe, drain pan, and expansion tank.
- We only charge extra if we need to correct an existing code/safety violation.
- Free CO detector with each gas water heater.
- We offer financing options including same-as-cash and low monthly payment plans.
- Add it all up and you'll see that we offer the best service, equipment and pricing in the business.
In Baltimore call 410.435.5400, in Annapolis call 410.573.5858 or fill out the form on the right for a free estimate on a new water heater or to request service for your heating, air conditioning, plumbing and home performance needs.