Residential and Commercial Air Heating Services
Whether it's your home or a house of worship; an office building or a factory, A.J. Michaels can install, repair or replace your system — and cut your energy expenses while we do it. Oil, gas, electric, steam or boiler; ducts or chimneys, anywhere in the Baltimore-Annapolis area, we can handle it.
Remember, too: once we install your system, we'll stand behind it. With outstanding maintenance and repair service. With dedicated, highly trained technicians. And with our promise that we will never charge you extra for service on nights, weekends or holidays.
That's the A.J. Michaels way, and has been since 1978. There's no doubt about it.
Our residential and commercial heating services include:
- Repair, installation and maintenance (including historic homes, churches and other buildings)
- Service on all major brands of equipment
- System conversions (gas, oil, electricity, steam-to-water)
- Energy-saving programmable thermostats
- Additional items for your health and comfort, such as humidifiers, electronic air cleaners and electrostatic air filters
- Our own electricians for better quality and service — no subcontractors
- Prompt, courteous same-day service
- All work guaranteed
If your home heating system isn't working, you'll notice right away. But how can you tell if it's not working at peak efficiency? That's not as obvious.
The first thing we'll do when we arrive is ask questions.
- How long does it take your house to warm up on a chilly morning?
- Are your oil, gas or electric bills going up?
- Are some rooms warmer than others?
- Do you ever run out of hot water?
We'll make a careful inspection. We'll thoroughly examine and measure your home, then sit down and talk about the right system for you. For example, you might be able save money by converting from your current fuel to another. And regardless of fuel, we'll tell you how much you could expect to save with a more efficient system.
We'll explain details other contractors don't. Take the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) number, for example. Someone might try to sell you a heat pump with a SEER number of 18, which is very good. But if your ductwork isn't the right size or configuration, your 18-SEER heat pump will perform like a 10 — and you'll be disappointed. We'll inspect your entire system, to ensure that doesn't happen.
Your ductwork may be wasting energy. We can locate and fix leaks with the cutting-edge Aeroseal system. Not only is Aeroseal guaranteed effective for 10 years, we're the only contractor in the Baltimore-Annapolis area that provides it for warm-air systems.
Rooftop systems or central boilers; warm air, steam, oil or gas, nobody is better equipped for the job than A.J. Michaels. Since 1978, we've worked on churches, nursing homes, shopping centers, restaurants, apartment buildings — even a cruise ship — more than 35,000 systems so far!
In many cases, we may be able to save you 50% or more, as we did at the Ridgemede Apartments. We converted this 80-year-old building from steam heat to hot water heat, and installed a modular system. The most amazing thing? We did that job more than 20 years ago. Imagine how much we could save you with today's high-efficiency equipment!
We routinely handle complex jobs like boiler conversions, retrofitting and installations. We're also up on the very latest HVAC technology — including the new VRV or VRF variable refrigerant systems, which not only save money, but allow you to adjust temperatures in each individual room or office if you want.
The A.J. Michaels advantage
Whatever you need, whatever type of building you have in mind, remember the advantages of working with A.J Michaels:
- We're local, independent and family-owned, not an out-of-town franchise.
- We've been serving the Baltimore-Annapolis area since 1978.
- We do not use subcontractors.
- We're not locked into a particular brand of equipment or type of fuel. We'll design whatever system works best for you.
- We'll never charge extra if your system needs service. Nights, weekends and holidays, it's all the same to us — and our work is always guaranteed.